Artist Sign Up
Have questions? Here are answers to the ones most frequently asked:
Why sell with Made By Her?
- We are a female-artist-owned marketplace supporting female artists. We care about your business's future and we care about you. Made By Her is not just a hosting site but a family of women coming together in an effort to make women's art stand out (with a little ambiance thrown in too)
- We offer a wide variety of products but are known for our high quality
- Not only do you get an online booth within our marketplace but we list your products on all of our selling channels as well (Facebook/Instagram, Pinterest, and Google)
- We re-post your IG stories, posts, and reels if we see them (tag us so we do!) so your page gets more visibility
- We offer customized shipping options and product/syncing capabilities with other platforms including Woocommerce, Shopify, and Etsy so you don't have to spend your time updating every time you get a sale
- We pay our artists weekly, include credit card transaction fees in our commission rates, and have different membership plans to choose from based on your selling needs and comfort
How do I sign up to sell on Made By Her?
(There are two ways:)
- Click the “Apply To Sell In Our Marketplace” link above then click Join Now. This will send an email to our submissions team and someone will get back to you within 1-5 business days
- Send an email to email@example.com with your business name, 3-5 images of your work or a link to where we can view it, and how long you have been practicing your craft. Someone will get back to you within 1-5 business days.
- Once you have been approved, you will be able to continue with creating your account with us, setting up your Stripe payout account, then move on to set up your online booth and list your products
How much does it cost to sell on Made By Her?
We have three membership plans to choose from...
- 5% commission per sale
- Unlimited products
- 5% commission per sale
- 50 product limit
- No monthly fees
- 9% commission per sale
- 50 product limit
- Setup fee of $10 (*This is to get your products set up on our Facebook/Instagram, Google, and Pinterest selling channels)
**Money Back Guarantee - We cannot guarantee sales for anyone but, if you sign up for Tier 1 or 2 and you do not make a sale within the year of your membership, we offer a money back guarantee (minus $10 setup fee)
What are the requirements to sell with Made By Her?
- We do not have any specific requirements for becoming a seller, except if you are applying to sell within our Bath & Body collection (see below), but we do ask that the work be of high quality with high quality materials. Our submissions team will make the final decision as to whether or not they feel the work would be a good fit for out marketplace and target audience
- Bath & Body Vendors - due to the highly sensitive nature of bath and body products and the additional risk involved with having the product go on someone's skin or be burned in someone's personal space, we now require all Bath & Body vendors to carry insurance (specifically for selling soap or candles). We also require that you have been selling your product for a minimum of 5 years before applying to sell within our marketplace.
Main Product Photo Requirements:
- Have good lighting without any major glares or shadows
- No hands or people unless professionally modeled. We do not want to take away the focus from your creation
- Minimalist/neutral background, no personal items (If you use staging props, please do not use anything that could be mistaken for a product that could be listed in our marketplace
- Not yet. Any profit we make is going back into the functionality of the website and marketing our artists’ work. We are still in start up mode and no one is taking a paycheck yet except our artists. (We are actually considering whether or not Made By Her will become a Nonprofit Organization itself in the future.) Once we get the marketplace fully functioning, we will start donating to a charity for children and scholarships for women to follow their dream of becoming an artist. We do, however, offer a Round Up for Charity option at checkout.
How do sales/orders work?
- Customers can browse through our website and select as many items as they would like to purchase. Upon ordering from your booth, you will get an email to notify you that you've received a new order!
- What if I sell an item elsewhere and then it sells on Made By Her? - you will have the option to deny an order fulfillment request; however, if this becomes consistent, you may be asked to leave the marketplace
- When you are ready to ship the item purchased, you can either print a custom shipping label through us or provide your own then Fulfill the order in our marketplace so the customer knows it's on its way
When do sellers get paid?
- We do payouts weekly on Wednesdays (money usually takes 2 days to process so sellers should receive funds on Friday) for the prior week from Monday-Sunday
- We now offer a Vacation Mode which can be set within your account settings.
How does shipping work?
- We offer custom shipping options for our sellers and have a full tutorial explaining how to set it up listed in our Shop FAQ once you've registered with us
- We do require already made items to ship within 7 days. Made-to-order items may take longer but all shipping estimates must be listed in your product's description.
Does Made By Her accept returns?
- Short answer... Yes. However, this is ultimately determined by the artist/seller. Sellers should list in their product descriptions whether or not they allow returns. If it is not listed, customers can contact Made By Her (Contact page listed in bottom footer menu) and we will reach out to the seller directly.
- You can read more about returns in our Refund Policy (also listed in the bottom footer menu of our site).
Who collects sales tax?
- Made By Her is based out of California so we only collect sales tax for this state until our sales numbers grow in other states. (**If you need to be collecting sales tax for your business and you are outside of California, it will need to be added to your listing price and deducted as your own cost when you do your accounting.)
- To read more about U.S. taxes for online marketplaces, please check out our blog post U.S. Taxes Explained.
Does Made By Her send out 1099-K tax forms?
- If you receive more than $600 in payouts from us, you will receive a 1099-K tax form.
Does Made By Her accept submissions from outside of the United States?
- Yes! However, our primary marketing efforts are directed mostly to the United States, Canada, and United Kingdom at this time. If we get more artists wanting to sign up outside of those areas, we will look to expand.
Where do I go if I have further issues either with listing or purchasing a product or have an issue with a buyer or seller?
- Please contact us if you have any issues or questions not answered on this page. The fastest way to get in touch with us is through our Contact form in our footer menu at the bottom of each page. Once submitted, someone from our customer support team will get back to you within 24-48 hours.