Artist Sign Up
Join Our Online Community!
**Currently not accepting new artists at this time**
Have questions? Here are answers to our frequently asked questions:
What is Made By Her?
- Made By Her is an online artisan community for female artists and artisans, founded by a successful artisan business owner herself, to support other women in growing their handmade businesses online so they can reach time and financial freedom even faster while doing something they love and were born to do.
What is the Made By Her Marketplace?
- The Made By Her Marketplace was created to be like what Etsy used to be (and was originally supposed to be) but curated for true, women artisans (because I think women who are true artists should be taken more seriously than just being called “hobbyists”). You can read more HERE.
What is the pricing to join the Made By Her Marketplace?
We now have four memberships you can choose from based on where you're at with your business:
|For the ultimate DIAY-er (Do it all yourself-er)||I need a little help||I want to get serious||I'm ready to go ALL IN on my business|
|$769 value||$1069 value||$1694 value||$2374 value|
|Online booth in our marketplace||X||X||X||X|
|Access to Artisan Coaching Studio||X||X||X||X|
|30 Min. Personal Tech or Strategy Session||X||X||X||X|
|Featured Blog Post||-||X||X||X|
|Listings done for you w/SEO||-||25||50||100|
|1-Hour 1:1 Additional Strategy Sessions||-||-||1||2|
|Made By Her Journal||-||-||X||X|
|Made By Her T-Shirt||-||-||-||X|
- All orders are charged a 7% commission to cover transaction and credit card fees
- *Memberships are paid on an annual basis
Why sell with Made By Her?
- You get the VIP treatment with someone helping you along the way so you're not just improving sales with us, but in your business as a whole as well
- Made By Her is a woman-artist-owned marketplace supporting women artists. It is not just a marketplace or hosting site but a collective of women coming together in an effort to make women's art stand out (with a little ambiance thrown in too!)
- As of June 1, 2023 - all artists who list within our marketplace will get full access to Made By Her Artisan Coaching which includes monthly coaching opportunities, mini-courses, access to past recordings, and professional resources to ensure your art business is operating at full capacity.
- Not only are your products listed within the Made By Her Marketplace, they also immediately get listed on all of our outside selling channels (Facebook/Instagram, Pinterest, and Google)
- Our fees are minimal and simple. Our annual fee is what you would pay, on average, for one in-person event and our transaction fees are kept at one low rate to keep the accounting simple for you.
What else is my membership fee going towards?
- Hosting fees. All websites have to pay for space on the web. Made By Her offers unlimited listings and a low commission rate while we grow. (We do charge a 7% transaction fee for every order but this includes all processing and credit card fees. We do not charge extra for new listings or restocking.)
- Admin fees - these are minimal
- Any extra money that comes in goes to marketing. Yes, any. Our founder is working for free until the marketplace becomes profitable (which is why you’ll see we ask that you please help us spread the word and mention us to your customers & friends!)
What other marketplace-specific features are there?
- Invite to our Made By Her Seller's Facebook Group where you can share new or current offers with fellow Made By Her sellers and get business support from makers just like you
Customized shipping options
Product/syncing capabilities with other platforms including Woocommerce, Squarespace, and Shopify so you don't have to spend your time updating every time you get a sale.
- 30 Min 1:1 Coaching Call with Tiffany, founder of Made By Her to help with either booth setup, business coaching, or whatever you want to discuss to help set your business up for success
What are the requirements to be a vendor in the Made By Her Online Artisan Marketplace?
Identify as a female artist and want to be part of our community.
- Products - We ask that the work listed be hand-crafted or artisan-made by a woman**
- Original, high quality work with high quality materials made with minimal to no machinery
- Art prints must be from original drawings or paintings done by hand or made from a hand-sculpted linocut stamp
- Candle, Bath & Body Vendors - due to the highly sensitive nature of bath, body, and candle products and the additional risk involved with having the product go on someone's skin or be burned in someone's personal space, we now require all Bath & Body or candle vendors to carry insurance (specifically for selling soap or candles). We also require that you have been selling your product for a minimum of 5 years before applying to sell within our marketplace.
- Main Product Photo Requirements:
- Have good lighting without any major glares or shadows
- No hands or people in the photos unless professionally modeled. We do not want to take away the focus from your creation
- Light/minimalist/neutral background, no personal items but greenery, flowers, or something from nature is suggested. (We don't encourage gray backgrounds as they feel very dark, like you're shopping in an old store with poor lighting, and don't bring out the best in the piece itself.)
- If you use staging props, please do not use anything that could be mistaken for a product that could be listed in our marketplace.
**Good product photos are a must if you want to sell online so we are strict about our requirements for this. If you need help with product photos, we have resources for you at Made By Her Artisan Coaching.
Be a Community Member - please help promote our marketplace whenever you can (tag us in your posts, link to your online booth with us if you don't have your own website, or at least periodically). This is not something we monitor but something asked of our sellers on a personal level. We promise to promote your work as though it were our own and we ask that you help promote our platform in return #womensupportingwomen
- Yes! With every order we receive, we donate $1 to No Kid Hungry which provides 10 meals to children in need.
How do sales/orders work?
- Customers can browse through our website and select as many items as they would like to purchase. Upon ordering from your booth, you will get an email to notify you that you've received a new order!
- What if I sell an item elsewhere and then it sells on Made By Her? - you will have the option to deny an order fulfillment request; however, if you are regularly unable to fulfill orders, you may be asked to leave the marketplace
- When you are ready to ship the item purchased, you simply “Fulfill” the order in our marketplace so the customer knows it's on its way
When do sellers get paid?
- We do payouts weekly on Wednesdays (money usually takes 2 days to process so sellers should receive funds on Friday) for the prior week from Monday-Sunday
- We offer a Vacation Mode which can be set within your account settings.
How does shipping work?
- We offer custom shipping settings for our sellers and have a full tutorial explaining how to set it up listed in our Shop FAQ once you've registered with us
- We do require already made items to ship within 7 days. Made-to-order items may take longer but all shipping estimates must be listed in your product's description.
Does Made By Her accept returns?
- Short answer... Yes. However, this is ultimately determined by the artist/seller. Sellers should list in their product descriptions whether or not they allow returns. If it is not listed, customers can contact Made By Her (Contact page listed in bottom footer menu) and we will reach out to the seller directly.
- You can read more about returns in our Refund Policy (also listed in the bottom footer menu of our site).
Who collects sales tax?
- Made By Her is based out of California so we only collect sales tax for this state until our sales numbers grow in other states. (**If you need to be collecting sales tax for your business and you are outside of California, it will need to be added to your listing price and deducted as your own cost when you do your accounting.)
- To read more about U.S. taxes for online marketplaces, please check out our blog post U.S. Taxes Explained.
Does Made By Her send out 1099-K tax forms?
- If you receive more than $22,000 and 200 transactions in payouts from us within the calendar year, you will receive a 1099-K tax form.
Does Made By Her accept submissions from outside of the United States?
- Yes! However, our primary marketing efforts are directed mostly to the United States at this time. If we get more artists wanting to sign up outside of those areas, we will look to expand.
Where do I go if I have further issues either with listing or purchasing a product or have an issue with a buyer or seller?
- Please contact us if you have any issues or questions not answered on this page. The fastest way to get in touch with us is through our Contact form in our footer menu at the bottom of each page. Once submitted, someone from our customer support team will get back to you within 24-48 hours.
Have all your questions been answered and you like what you've learned?